GM Higher Online Delivery
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we have made arrangements for all of our activities to be delivered remotely until further notice. You can find out more about what events and activities we are offering here: gmhigher.ac.uk/events-and-activities/
- We have made arrangements to deliver activities to learners who are in a classroom where there is only one PC, as well arrangements for activities to be delivered where each learner has their own device as we recognise this may not be possible.
- Live delivery will take place either using a school-nominated platform, Microsoft Teams (for activity where learners are in the classroom with only one PC) or GoToWebinar (for activity where learners are at home/have access to a device each).
- Where we are using the school platform, you will take responsibility for safeguarding arrangements and our staff will comply with any policies and procedures you have.
- For activity taking place in a classroom the support of teacher/advisor is needed to facilitate activities, detailed briefing provided in advance and option to discuss over the phone.
- We can also deliver to multiple classrooms simultaneously.
- Please see out teacher guidance below:
- For some activity pre-recorded content will be available and/or lesson plans and resources for teacher/advisor led sessions and this is most likely to be the case for subject-based activity.
Our online safeguarding guidance can be found here: https://gmhigher.glasscubes.com/share/s/udko720fgvpumuhbvjatopjals
Our risk assessments can be found here:
- School platform https://gmhigher.glasscubes.com/share/s/2m44sl1uj2qlooak747vapk2ir
- GoToWebinar https://gmhigher.glasscubes.com/share/s/1g64niuhe3nhsi899ddk8e9qv
- Microsoft Teams https://gmhigher.glasscubes.com/share/s/ke38694cca4vpbvm293l5or13r
- Monitoring and evaluation remains crucial in proving the impact of GMH activity and supports the case for further funding.
- There are three options, and this must be agreed upon in advance:
- Learners complete online evaluation directly using link provided (preferred)
- Teacher/advisor prints paper forms and scans back to GMH (preferred)
- Hub drops off and collects paper forms
- We are exploring a printing bursary to support financial and time implications for schools re. option 2, to be confirmed following our project steering group in late October.
If you have any questions please contact your hub manager or for non-target schools the outreach hub team via firstname.lastname@example.org