Supporting young carers


Young adult carers provide regular care and support to a family member, partner, or friend. If you’re aged between 16-25 and have caring responsibilities, you’ll be classified as a ‘young adult carer’.

Please find information below to help support your journey into higher education.

University Information

Manchester Metropolitan University

University of Salford

University of Bolton

Additional Information


Specific IAG for young carers thinking about higher education.

Find out more

Carers Trust

Information and guidance on studying and training.

Find out more

Learning and Work Institute

Information and resources related to work and studying.

Find out more

The other big questions

What are my further education options?

Here you can explore your options for once you’ve completed your GCSEs, whether it’s study further or something else.

Find out more

What are my higher education options?

Higher education can come in all shapes and sizes, and there are plenty of factors to consider when making your choices.

Find out more