A Day in the Sky
Event providers: Trafford College
Students visit the educational centre Aerozone at the Manchester Airport. A very hands-on, practical day with lots of interactive activities. Learners take part in various activities from role-playing to hearing from experienced roles within the aviation sector. The day will include a session which informs you on what higher education qualifications you can study to work within the aviation sector.
Learners could take part in any of the below activities:
- Cabin staff role-play scenarios
- Pre-flight safety demonstrations
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Cockpit – flight simulator
- STEM zone – engineering challenge
- Operations, marshalling, science of flight
- Customer service (check-in) role-play scenarios
- Air traffic control monitoring
This day also has elements of curriculum learning of Maths, English, Science and History.
10 May 2022
10am - 2pm
Manchester Airport- Areozone
Gatsby benchmark 4 5 6 7
RPF learner outcomes LO2 LO3 LO5
This is a targeted postcode event
This a target postcode activity, it is available for target postcode schools.
Support with targeting is available from your hub manager, and more information can be found in the targeting, monitoring and evaluation section.
Available Places: 30 in total- Currently fully booked- only taking expression of interest for waiting list.
10 per school