Event providers: Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Met is offering free visual storytelling workshops. These have been devised by, and will be delivered by, Mancheseter Met students. Merging Art and Science, the workshops will use a range of storytelling techniques to create visual narratives.
Storytelling Science is inspired by the work of the Mostowy Lab at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, a scientific research group studying the highly contagious and often deadly Shigella bacteria.
The workshops are designed for young people with an interest in Art and/or Science, seeking interesting experiences and unusual portfolio material. All participants will learn hands on creative techniques and generate visual stories using a mix of skills.
1. We are looking for 13-17 year olds with an interest in Science and Art
2. The workshops will be led by Manchester Met students from Art and Science backgrounds, supported by staff. The workshops will run for an average of 1-3 hours. There will be a series of planned workshops every Saturday morning, but we can arrange some weekly sessions if appropriate for a group of learners
3. Young people/Students can attend as part of their school cohort or individually
4. All ONLINE – on Zoom in March
5. No previous equipment is needed and no prior knowledge on the subject area, just lots of enthusiasm!
Y9, Y10, Y11, Y12, Y13
01 Mar 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
Gatsby benchmark 4 7
RPF learner outcomes LO3 LO6
Please contact Polly Palmerini: firstname.lastname@example.org