Constructing a Life on Mars (CaLoM)
The Constructing a Life on Mars project will give you the opportunity to work as part of team to research and find out about how people are planning to travel and live on Mars. You will also:
• Work as part of a team to plan and construct a model Mars settlement
• Meet and work with professionals, apprentices and university students from the advanced manufacturing, construction, design, engineering and space sectors
• Use VR and AR technology systems to explore a virtual Mars environment
• Find out about how digital technology is transforming career opportunities across sectors such as advanced manufacturing, design, engineering and construction
• Find out about HE, apprenticeship and career progression opportunities in the advanced manufacturing, engineering, construction, design and space sectors
• Learn about the important role extra curricula experiences play in helping to develop the personal qualities and skills universities and employers’ look for when recruiting and the important role these play in helping to develop your future life and career goals
• Get support with describing and evidencing your own personal qualities and skills
Students are required to take part in a half day workshop in school before the main event on Monday 9th March at the University of Manchester. Please note students are required to bring their own lunches to this event.
Y9, Y10, Y11
09 Mar 2020 - 09 Mar 2020
Gatsby benchmark 2 4 5 7
RPF learner outcomes LO1 LO2 LO3 LO4 LO5 LO6
Please note everyone needs to have a 3-hour in-school workshop before they attend this event.
Capacity: 4 schools with 20 learners (4 groups of 5)
For more information, please contact your hub manager.