HE Preparation Day @ Manchester Metropolitan University – 03/04/2020
Event providers: Manchester Metropolitan University
This visit day offers an introduction to higher education (HE) and information about specific support. Learners will have the chance to meet university students who have similar backgrounds, and can talk about their own experiences and share an insight into student life.
This event is for learners in years 1 or 2 of Level 3 courses at College or Sixth Form, who may benefit from a campus visit focussed on preparing for higher education (HE), including student support. In the past, we have welcomed a wide variety of learners, including those dealing with mental health challenges (e.g. stress, anxiety, eating disorders). Please contact us for further guidance regarding selecting learners who would most benefit, if you are unsure.
We aim to provide learners with an overview of HE options and the various pathways into HE. In addition, we will provide useful ‘light touch’ information, advice and guidance regarding university life, managing studies, accessing support and wellbeing services, and budgeting.
The day will include:
• An introduction to HE, including information on Student Support services
• A Budgeting Skills workshop, considering Student Finance and managing money as a student
• A guided campus tour, including a visit to the Students’ Union building
• A Group Working workshop, focussing on effectively working with others
• A student guest speaker discussing their journey into HE (dependent on availability)
• A Student Ambassador Q&A panel
03 Apr 2020 - 03 Apr 2020
Manchester Metropolitan University, Birley Campus (AM) and All Saints Campus (PM)
Gatsby benchmark 3 7
RPF learner outcomes LO1 LO6
50 places remaining for this event.
If you are making a group booking and need support with identifying beneficiaries for this event, or are an individual wondering if this event will benefit you, please discuss with the event lead, Sam Wade, via email@example.com.